The course concentrates on the use and handling of those types of digital media that the student can use to acquire practical skills by conducting technical experiments. These include in particular interactive virtual learning environments as well as remote experiments on real technical plants. The course addresses the following technical aspects:
- Introduction in learning by simulations and virtual & remote experimentations,
- Bringing plants into service, testing and diagnosis with interactive and dy-namic 3D models,
- Training with hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) and software-in-the-loop (SiL) simulation of automation plants,
- Web-based remote experimentation on real technical as complement to traditional lab experience.
- Use of mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) and Smart Labs for learning purposes in technical fields.